CALL FOR ENTRIES 2022
Censurados Film Festival based in Lima, Peru, is committed to freedom of expression, human rights and diversity through the screening of films and the organization of artistic and educational activities. The festival seeks to create a dialogue and open debate about censorship, in which the diversity of voices and ideas can freely express themselves.
Films that have been censored, silenced or banned by interests of political, social, economic or religious groups, among others, are especially invited to participate.
Dates 8th Edition: April 02-8th, 2022.
Deadline: February 10th, 2022.
International Competition. Fiction, documentary, animation and/or experimental films from any part of the world -except Peru- that aesthetically and discursively address political, social and cultural issues with creative freedom. The duration of the films should be at least 30 minutes.
International Short Film Competition. Fiction, documentary, animation and/or experimental films from anywhere in the world -except Peru- that aesthetically and discursively address political, social and cultural issues with creative freedom. The duration of the film should be under and up to 30 minutes.
Peruvian Official Selection. Non-competitive selection of Peruvian fiction, documentary, animation and experimental films of unlimited duration that formally and discursively address political, social and cultural issues with creative freedom. A symbolic fee will be offered to all selected productions.
Special Competition of Censored Films. Fiction, documentary, animation and/or experimental films from anywhere in the world that have been censored due to political, religious, corporate, authoritarian or social pressures or interests, among others, or that have been victims of threats and/or violence, either during their research, production or realization, or during their subsequent exhibition and/or distribution. It is an essential requirement to provide provable information about the censorship, threat, pressure, or violence that the film has suffered. Two prizes will be awarded, one for each of the following categories:
• Special Award for Best Censored Film (Duration longer than 30 minutes).
• Special Award for Best Censored Short Film (Duration under 30 minutes).
Scissors for the Best International Feature Film.
Scissors for the Best International Short Film.
Special award for the Best Censored Film.
Special award for the Best Short Censored Film.
The jury will be composed by national and international professionals in the film, audiovisual, arts, and culture fields, as well as human rights and freedom of expression experts.
Anyone directly related to the works in competition will be unable to form part of the jury.
The jury's decision is final.
Winners will be announced at the Closing Ceremony.
1. Any natural or legal person may participate, individually or collectively, of any nationality and without age limit.
2. Each participant may submit more than one film, but it is essential to fill in an entry form for each work.
3. Registration is open for films produced after January 2020 onwards.
4. The films submitted may be of any genre, with no duration limit and in the original version in Spanish or subtitled in Spanish.
5. Films may be registered in the following formats: DCP, BluRay or HD video files (mp4., Mov. or similar).
6. Only the copyright holder can register a film. The participant assumes responsibility for the veracity of this fact.
7. By registering a film, the participant authorizes three free exhibitions within the framework of the festival and renounces all financial compensation for this concept. (Except for the Peruvian Official Selection) .
8. Selected films that have been duly registered cannot be removed from the festival's program.
9. The Festival organization may use still images or fragments of up to three minutes of the selected films in any of its printed, electronic or audiovisual publications. When the duration of the film is less than 30 minutes, the fragments will not exceed 10% of their duration.
Film submission is free and will be open until February 10th, 2022 through the form available for those interested on the website www.censuradosfilmfestival.org or through the international online platform Festhome.com.